- Compassionate caring
- Commitment to excellence
- Innovative problem-solving skills
- Efficient use of time and resources
- Professional appearance
- Ability to embrace and accept cultural diversity
- Responsiveness to constructive criticism
- Quality with consistent standards
- A shared sense of responsibility
- An appreciation of the balance between a satisfying career and fulfilling personal life
Application deadline is January 1st of each year.
Kaiser Permanente Mapunapuna Medical Office
2828 Paa Street
Residency Program Office Room 3D04
Honolulu, HI 96819
Our residency program is committed to train our providers to be culturally competent, innovative, and compassionate. We seek residents from a variety of backgrounds, life experiences and nontraditional paths. We support initiatives that include community service in restoring spaces of traditional practice, building and nurturing partnerships with the community, and mentoring/ training the next generation of health care providers to reduce health disparities and improve access to care. Our residency committee is dedicated to the recruitment of underrepresented minorities to our internal medicine residency program. Our residency participates in outreach efforts with organizations such as the Association of Native Hawaiian Physicians and the Philippine Medical Association of Hawaii.